The Virtual Diabetes Education Program®
An ADCES Accredited Diabetes Education Program at Hailey Crean Nutrition,LLC. Read what past program participants are saying about their experience. Check out the testimonials here!
Benefits of DSMES
Evidence from randomized clinical trials and observational studies suggest that DSME may:
- Improved clinical markers including reduced A1C, blood pressure, and cholesterol
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Fewer hospital admissions and readmissions
- Reduced risk of diabetes-related complications
- Improved quality of life and healthy coping
- Improved eating and exercise habits
Powers MA, Bardsley J, Cypress M, Duker P, Funnell MM, Fischl AH, Maryniuk MD, Siminerio L, Vivian E. Diabetes Self-management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Educ. 2017 Feb;43(1):40-53. doi: 10.1177/0145721716689694. PMID: 28118121.
Margaret A. Powers, Joan Bardsley, Marjorie Cypress, Paulina Duker, Martha M. Funnell, Amy Hess Fischl, Melinda D. Maryniuk, Linda Siminerio, Eva Vivian
Diabetes Care Jul 2015, 38 (7) 1372-1382; DOI: 10.2337/dc15-0730
What to Expect
DSMES is a covered benefit by most insurance providers, including Medicare, and may require a referral from your physician. After an initial assessment, your education plan will be customized for you. No one-size-fits-all approach here!
- You will receive a personalized meal planning account for meal suggestions that meet your specific needs.
- Login access to a personal app for blood sugar logging and direct communication with your Diabetes Educator between sessions
How to Get Started
Schedule a 20 minute complimentary consult call to get started!