The Virtual Diabetes Education Program
An ADCES Accredited Diabetes Education Program at Hailey Crean Nutrition,LLC
Benefits of DSMES
Evidence from randomized clinical trials and observational studies suggest that DSME may:
- Improved clinical markers including reduced A1C, blood pressure, and cholesterol
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Fewer hospital admissions and readmissions
- Reduced risk of diabetes-related complications
- Improved quality of life and healthy coping
- Improved eating and exercise habits
Powers MA, Bardsley J, Cypress M, Duker P, Funnell MM, Fischl AH, Maryniuk MD, Siminerio L, Vivian E. Diabetes Self-management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Educ. 2017 Feb;43(1):40-53. doi: 10.1177/0145721716689694. PMID: 28118121.
Margaret A. Powers, Joan Bardsley, Marjorie Cypress, Paulina Duker, Martha M. Funnell, Amy Hess Fischl, Melinda D. Maryniuk, Linda Siminerio, Eva Vivian
Diabetes Care Jul 2015, 38 (7) 1372-1382; DOI: 10.2337/dc15-0730
What to Expect
DSMES is a covered benefit by most insurance providers, including Medicare, and may require a referral from your physician. After an initial assessment, your education plan will be customized for you. No one-size-fits-all approach here!
- You will receive a personalized meal planning account for meal suggestions that meet your specific needs.
- Login access to a personal app for blood sugar logging and direct communication with your Diabetes Educator between sessions
- Login access to the GlucoseZone platform for personalized exercise recommendations and support